What does each playback setting mean
This page details how each playback setting affects your VoiceThread. Click here to learn how to edit these settings.
- Commenting types: Select which types of comments you want to allow participants to post.
- Enable threaded commenting: Turns on the ability for your participants to start threaded conversations.
- Enable comment moderation: Allows you to preview all comments on this VoiceThread before revealing them to others. You can also choose never to reveal them.
- Don’t allow commenters to delete their own comments: Anyone who records a comment on a VoiceThread will be unable to delete it once it is saved. This is a powerful tool for assessment because your commenters will not be able to “retry” after they’ve recorded.
- Limit length of each comment: By default, all audio and video comments recorded in VoiceThread can be 60 minutes long. If you’d like to set shorter time limits for your commenters, check this box and then enter your desired maximum comment length here.
- When recording, automatically advance to the next slide after: Set slides to advance automatically at pre-set intervals as users are recording. In addition, you can check the box for Pecha Kucha or Ignite beneath this option to automatically set the correct restrictions for those presentation types.
- Start playing when opened: The comments on your VoiceThread will begin playing automatically when people first open it.
- When final comment on a slide has played, automatically advance to the next slide: When the VoiceThread is in play mode, it will play through all of the comments on a slide and then move to the next slide automatically. Check this box and then enter the number of seconds the VoiceThread will “pause” before the slide advances.
- Allow download: Allow participants to download the central media from the VoiceThreads their classmates create.
- Allow export: Allow participants to export one another’s VoiceThreads.
- Allow others to make a copy: Allow participants to make a copy of one another’s
- Allow commenters to add slides to this VoiceThread: If you have shared a VoiceThread with a person or group and given them commenting access, this option also allows those people to contribute slides to your VoiceThread without giving them any other editing rights.